- Frame: ROSE Pro-DX cross from 2015. Aluminium frame, carbon fork. I’m very happy with it. It’s not fancy pantsy and not a brand frame… but does a great job! And I love love! love! love! that plain black and white design without any over-desined and/or aerodynamic looking paint job… (aaaahh, don’t we all love our bikes… ❤ )
- Tires: Schwalbe Pro One, tubeless 28mm. So: pure road tires. I ride pressures between 4,2-5,0 Bar (= pretty low)
- Groupset: SRAM Force 22 groupset.
- Front: 46/34 (or 36)
- Back: 11-28 or 11-32 or 12-36 with a WiFli-cage. The 12-36-cassette I built from a SRAM cassette and replaced and mixed the lower sprockets (by Miche) to avoid one annoying gap in the original cassette. Works without Roadlink.
- Aero Bars Profile Design (aluminium). It makes such a difference on long rides! I noticed the height and spread adjustment needs some attention to detail to make them work best.
- Shimano Ultegra SPD-SL pedals
- Specialized Power Expert saddle; works very well for me.
- Wheels (all aluminium):
- Back: DT Swiss Spline R23 disc (24 blade spokes), 12mm through-axle
- Front: DT Swiss R460 disc rim (same as in Back), 28 aero spokes, SON dynamo hub, 15mm through-axle
- I applied some reflective tape to the seat stays (red) and fork (white) for higher visibility at night.
If you have questions on these items or need my opinion, let me know!
From back to front:
- Specialized Bubba 10L saddle bag (with some straps added)
- Vaude frame triangle bag (for bike maintenance/spare parts)
- Blackburn fuel tank (for any quick access items)
- 2 Revelate Designs Mtn Feedbags to store food and miscellaneous quick-access items (one left one right)
- drybag Sea to Summit under the aero bars (for bivy/sleeping bag/liner/mattress)
- Bike: 10,1 kg (inkl. light, dynamo, aero bars, etc.)
- Luggage: 7,1 kg (inkl. content. without food & water)
Total: 17,1 kg
(it said 15,5 before. I have no idea why it wasn’t correct… maybe my scale wanted to encourage me to not dismiss too many items)
On this page I address my cockpit, electricity and light.